A native of Cedartown, Melissa received a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design from Savannah College of Art and Design.
Her activities include:
• Founder and organizer of Rome Knitterati
• Secretary and graphic designer with Rome International Film Festival
• Board member, Keep Rome-Floyd Beautiful
• Former Gallery Coordinator and former board member at Makervillage
• Volunteer fundraiser for Floyd Felines
• Creator of Free Art Friday in Rome
• Other volunteer activities have included volunteering with: Brighter Birthdays; Cancer Navigators; Rome Downtown Development; CRBI “Catfish Kissing Contest”; Davies Shelters; Hospitality House for Women, Inc; Public Animal Welfare Services (P.A.W.S); and Rome Area Council for the Arts (RACA).
Nominator: “Melissa is always working on at least one if not more community service projects.”