An adopted son of Rome, Georgia and a native of Lake City, Florida, Joe Montgomery has been at Darlington School since 2004 and is the Assistant Head of School for Strategic Initiatives and previously served as Chief Advancement Officer. Prior to joining Darlington, he was the Senior Vice President of Private Client Services at SunTrust Bank and Vice President for University Relations at Shorter University.
Joe has served in numerous capacities on local, state and regional boards and committees. His enthusiasm and abilities have often led to his being chosen for leadership roles. He has provided “pro bono” consulting services in fundraising, strategic planning and board development for numerous local non-profit organizations.
-Serves on the South Rome Redevelopment Agency and Corporation Boards
-Chairs the scholarship fundraising committee for the Early Learning Center at Anna K. Davie
– Serves on the Private Colleges and Universities Authority
– Greater Rome Chamber of Commerce Board and serves on the Board of Directors of the
Georgia State Chamber of Commerce
– Served as Chairman of the Board of Georgia Conservancy currently on the Advisory Board
– Leadership Georgia’s Class of 1999,
– Leadership Georgia Board of Trustees Received the Fred Kerr Award for enthusiastic and
active support of Leadership Georgia on a continuing and consistent basis.
– An Eagle Scout, he has been a lifelong volunteer for the Boy Scouts of America.
Joe and his wife, Rebekah, have three daughters and most recently became grandparents. They are active members of Rome First United Methodist Church.
According to Dr. J. Paul Ferguson, “Joe Montgomery has been a quiet, behind the scenes advocate and supporter of many local activities and organizations.