Dr. Richard Dixon grew up on a farm in Blackshear, GA. He graduated from, Abraham Baldwin Agriculture College and then received a B.S. and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree from the University of Georgia.
Dr. Dixon served in the Unites States Air Force Veterinary Corps and was stationed at Kusan Air Force Base in South Korea and then at Pease Air Force Base, in Ports mount, New Hampshire.
His Civic and community activities have and do include:
– Exchange Club of Rome
– Exchange Club Family Resource Center Board
– Coosa Valley Fair Association
– Flower Show Chairman Coosa Valley Fair
– Floyd County animal Control
– Floyd County Board of Health
– Rome City Schools Board of Education
– Floyd County Master Gardener
– Floyd County Retired Teachers
– Peach State Marching Band Festival
– First United Methodist Church
– Board of Trustees Reinhardt College
– Northwest Georgia Veterinary Medical Association
He and his wife, Mary Louise are the parents of two Children, Beth and Charles and they have four grandchildren.
Those nominating Dr. Dixon say,” For forty years he has made a significant impact in so many areas of Rome and Floyd County through his volunteer service and his veterinary practice.