Scott Smith is a native of Bremen, Ga. He received his B.S. Degree in Business from the University of Georgia and his JD Degree at Mercer Law School. He is with McRae, Smith and Peek Attorneys in Rome. His involvement in the community began 25 years ago when he moved to Rome to begin his law practice.
His community activities has included:
- Boys and Girls Club
- Mercy Senior Care
- Tri for Kids Fundraiser
- First Baptist Church
- Development Authority Rome Chamber of Commerce
- Rome-Floyd Chamber of Commerce Board
- Charter member of Seven Hills Rotary Club
- Floyd Healthcare Foundation
- United Way of Rome Executive Committee
- Board of Coosa Country Club
- Board member of the Community Foundation
Scott is married to Beth and they have three daughters, Bailey, Avery and Anne Scott.
Bob and Susan Hortman said of Scott: “Scott’s unwavering dedication has given fundamental guidance to members as well as steady leadership to the organizations that he serves.”
J.R. Davis of the Boys and Girl’s Club said: “We are so appreciative to have a board member like Scott Smith. He is a true example of a board member giving his time, talent, and treasure to support our organization.”