A 1976 graduate of Pepperell High School, David attend Floyd College(Now Georgia Highlands College)
He currently serves as Program Manager/Assistant Athletic Director at Georgia Highlands College.
His community services activities have included:
-Floyd Parks and Recreation Board
– Foundation Camp at Georgia Highland College
– NAIA National Football Host committee
– Tournament director Georgia Highs School Association
– Floyd Schools business Partner of the Year
– Recreation Authority Horace Anthony Award
– Georgia Highlands college alumni Award
– Organization Advisor of the Year
– Georgia Highlands Staff Community Involvement Award
– Georgia Highlands President’s Meritorious Award
– Served on Floyd Land Bank Authority
– Restoration Lindale Board of Directors
During his tenure on the Authority board, he was instrumental in the transition of Rome
Floyd Parks and Recreation form an authority to county control.
Each year he secures funds for the Foundation Camp which was created with a partnership with Georgia Highlands and 100 Black Men of Rome-Northwest Georgia. The camp serves boys 10-16 years of age and serves those who are considered “at risk”. Many of those who have participated return each year and go on to attend Georgia Highlands College.
Through his efforts as Tournament Director of the Georgia High School Association the college raised $200.000 for scholarship to non-traditional students at GHC.
David is married to Kathy Mathis and they have three children, Brooks, Ryan and Rachel.
One of the many who nominated David said of him “If David had his way, we would have never known about his good deeds and would never have brought them to your attention. By accident or otherwise, we must celebrate the excellence that David stands for and delivers with ease.”