A native of Greenville, S.C., Annette has been a longtime resident of Floyd County.
She received a BS Degree from the University of South Carolina, a master’s degree from Georgia State University and recently received an Ed. S Degree from the University of Alabama. She currently is a retired guidance counselor from the Floyd County Schools.
Her community involvement:
- Founder of Floyd Against Drugs
- Board Member of Rome Symphony Orchestra
- Past President Garden Study Group Garden Club
- Committees at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church
- Board Member of the Episcopal Foundation for the Diocese of Atlanta
- Volunteer with Teen Maze
- Previous volunteer with Sexual Assault Center
- Former member of the Episcopal Charities Foundation Committee
She has two grown children, Scott and Vann Morris
The nominators for Annette all agreed: “She has a heart filled with compassion, love, generosity, courage and loyalty to others.”